Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sewing Project, Heat Pad Cover

My mother-in-law asked for a heat pad cover for Mother's Day. This is a simple sewing project that took less than an hour. I purchased 1 yard of pre-quilted material at Jo-Ann Fabric, and 1/2" velcro strip (use their coupons)
I folded the material in half, then cut a rectangle utilizing the folded side as a seam. I cut the rectanle 1 inch larger all around except for the opening side, this I cut 1 1/2 inces larger.
I then opened the rectangle and folded down 1/2" hem where the opening would be and stitched this across.
I then sewed in a velcro strip to each side leaving about 2 inches for the cord to come out.
I then folded the rectangle back wrong sides out and sewed around the outside creating the pocket. Turn right side out and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog