Friday, September 24, 2010

Fiery Friday - Cubicle Forgings

Hello Everyone,

    It's getting chilly now and again here in Michigan and the trees are starting to change colors. It is definitely the time of year that sparks inspiration and the cool weather is great forging weather. Standing in front of a 2300 degree forge when it's 98 degrees out makes you want to call it quits. Crisp, cool air keeps me motivated.   

    Having a lot of repetitive work to forge lately and there being no end in sight can be a bit, well, not so fun. I try to throw in a project of my own now and again to keep me moving and motivated. While I was at my 9-5 desk job, I noticed that I did not have a name tag for my cubicle. Yes, I work in a cubicle in front of a computer all day punching in data and writing codes. It's the nerd in me and I enjoy it. Anyway, I thought I could bring a little of my hobby into my daily life by making things for my cube. First off I'm going to be working on a name plate of some sort, perhaps a decorative coat hanger that hangs over the wall of my cube and then maybe a picture frame to put some pictures in of my family. Then, if I'm having a bit of an off day, maybe even a case of the "Mondays" I can have something to put a smile on my face. Next week I'll give you some pictures of these new in-between projects.

Thanks for stopping in
Zach Sartell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog