Monday, January 31, 2011

Projects, Finished Yarn

A few days ago I posted some pictures of some colored yarn I had been working on. Here's the finished product plied and ready to use. It's a rough yarn, but I think it has lots of character.

The other skein is just our natural wool spun as is. I think I might dye it in it's yarn stage.
I need more spools for my spinning wheel. (Or maybe I just need to be more disciplined and finish one project before I start another ~Ha!) All my spools were full of yarn that needed to be plied, so I had to re-arrange things. But it was good because it gave me an excuse to use my Kniddy Noddy and...
My antique skiener (or skein winder).
This thing is awesome!! I can even ply right from the skiener which saves me from having to re-wind the spool. So cool and makes for fast work.
66 yards, 4 oz. Yay! Now to knit something, hmmm.

Reminder: Today is the last day to vote for this month's Name That Chicken Contest. I will be announcing the winner tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this turned out great. I love the colors! Any plans for what this will turn into? Sweater?

-Stacey

Mom Sartell said...

I am so jealous, can't wait for you to make some extra for selling, it would make a great scarf.

Melina said...

Im so interested in the sheep...;-) just wondering if a flock of two to four of them makes enough wool to make something. How do you figure sheep to sweater ratio? I am watching to see how it works out....also not sure if I can handle the shearing or would have someone come....and does that sorta wreck the idea of it?
(I cant even cut my pet pig's nails;-)

Melina said...

Im so interested in the sheep...;-) just wondering if a flock of two to four of them makes enough wool to make something. How do you figure sheep to sweater ratio? I am watching to see how it works out....also not sure if I can handle the shearing or would have someone come....and does that sorta wreck the idea of it?
(I cant even cut my pet pig's nails;-)

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog