Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Lavender Out!

The last lavender is out, hatched and running around. We had a pretty good hatch, we lost one, mid-hatch and I think it's my fault. We had some really cold, rainy days so I thought I was doing something great by putting a heat lamp on the hens and the new babies, but I think I may have messed with the humidity levels with the extra dry heat and she never made it out of the shell. Let nature do its thing...lesson learned. But we got 4 out of 5. The hens are getting restless now that they don't have to stay on eggs. Today we had a torrential downpour for most of the day, but the next semi-dry day I will let them free range out in the grass and get some vitamin D and exercise. 
Fresh out!
Probably another lavender, here's hoping it's a boy!
Mamma the jungle gym.
The whole gang.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog