Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Troll Owls, Meet Waldorf

I love owls, and I've been messing around lately with some different materials, some from nature, some not, but rustic none the less, and I've started making these Troll Owls. I came up with the name because they remind me of little trolls, or owls that live in gnarled branches of forgotten forests where trolls still reside.

They're made from bits of this and that, things you might find in shadow boxes, button tins, or your grandfather's old desk drawer.

This is Waldorf, he has acorn cap eyes, a scruffy yarn body, a beak made from a Red Wood pine cone, and real feather "owl ears". 

They're available for purchase on our Etsy site in the right column of the blog. I have many more to come!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Love, love, love this! So cute!!! I also love all of the visual changes on your blog. It looks great!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog