Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cedar Yarn Box

I'm so blessed to be married to a man with such talented parents! Zach's dad made me this beautiful yarn box for Christmas. It's crafted from aromatic Cedar and smells wonderfully earthy and rich. Cedar is a gorgeous wood, the intricate pattern of reddish brown and creamy white are striking. I love that he let the wood speak for itself.

Each detail of the box is crafted with thought and care.

I love the brass name plate, with adorable etching of needles and yarn.

And matching brass handles...

and chain.

It also has this wonderful shelf feature which will be useful to keep my needles and other small objects organized. It's lined with a foam to keep things from sliding around.

I plan to store my hand spun yarn in this special box. So if any of you order from me, the yarn will come Cedar scented!

Thanks Dad! 

4 comments:

mommar6 said...

You are very blessed to receive such a thoughtful gift. He gave such time, heart and talent. You must feel so loved.

Jennifer Sartell said...

I really do. It will always be very special to me. :)

Kat said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

LL Farm said...

What a nice gift. My dad made a cedar chest for me years ago that I keep at the foot of my bed.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog