Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Goats

I feel as though the blog is changing. When I started this blog I felt an obligation to provide some sort of information,...how-to's, step-by-step instructions etc. I thought "that's what people want to read." And while I still enjoy sharing projects that we're working on, I realize that what I want to share most with you is our day-to-day lives. The glimpses of beauty that I catch in a ray of sunlight, a look one of the animals give me, new life, growth and change.

I carry my camera everywhere I go...to a fault sometimes. But it's because I don't want to miss something. I love to document, I've always been a journal keeper, kept sketch pads of things I want to try or explore. This blog is a journal in it's own way. A trail of our lives through the years. Sometimes I write it for our future children so they could see how Mom and Dad started out. Sometimes I write for people who want a farm, because I used to be one of those people. I remember that yearning and how much blogs, photos and articles helped quench it a bit. Sometimes I write for my future self, I picture Zach and I, gray haired and wrinkled, looking through past posts and photos, remembering when...

This spring, like every spring, there are new things to witness, to explore. The excitement of flowers blooming and baby animals being born. And while it's new to this year, I've written about it before. I don't want to "create a post" just to have a post in your inbox tomorrow. 

The truth of the matter is that I'm taking too many photos. So many that blogger won't upload them correctly when I try to share them in a post. Ha! Maybe I need to be more constructive and cut out more, try to tell a better story...something cohesive. Maybe...but until I figure out a better system here is this week's goat photos.

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I like taking them. 




2 comments:

KathyB said...

I love your pictures and blog posts. Keep them coming as often as you can!

Oracle Foxlyn Wren said...

As a goat lover, I immensely enjoyed your work.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog