Friday, October 23, 2015

Toffee Apple Crumble

This apple crumble has replaced apple pie in our home. Not only is is easy to make, but it's delicious!!!

1/2 bushel of apples soaking in vinegar water to clean.
I'm using Johnathan apples, my favorite to bake with.
We always have apples in the fall, and this is my favorite way to eat them!

Apple Filling
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
12 apples, washed, peeled, cored and chopped

Butter a cake pan, (I'm using a pie pan because my cake pan was full of other food) add all ingredients and stir.

Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Toffee Crumble Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cold butter
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 bag Heath Toffee Bits 

Grate butter, or chop and mix with all ingredients except toffee until you get a crumbly texture. Mix in toffee bits. Cover the apple mixture with the crumb topping. Bake 40 minutes.

1 comment:

Country Gal said...

YUMMY ! I love toffee apple crumble and I also love blueberry crumble . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog