Thursday, January 14, 2016

Winding Road Crochet Afghan

I started this afghan over a year ago. It's not that it's a particularly hard pattern, in fact, it's quite easy. But when I started this afghan I had just finished two others (one for my mom and one for my mother-in-law) for Christmas presents.

I was moving along quite nice when I made a mistake that meant I'd have to take out quite a bit of the project. At this point I burned out. Spring was also rearing it's head, and the afghan was set aside for gardening and outdoor projects.

Fast forward to this year.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to finish a whole collection of projects that I've started. In our art room I have bins and baskets filled with projects that are 3/4 of the way done. Something happens to me 3/4 of the way through a project and I "checkout". Usually I begin something new and more "exciting" and the old project gets sat aside. I've realized that I need to stay out of places like yarn shops, Jo-Anns and the hardware store to end temptation. I see things that I want to make when I visit these places, and it can be detrimental to my focus!

So I made a list of all the projects I need to complete and I'm working on them in the evenings. I won't let myself start another until the first is complete.

This afghan was the first completed project this year.

The pattern is the Winding Road Afghan from the Weekend Winners, Cozy & Quick Afghans to Crochet In Lion Brand Homespun....ha! "Cozy and Quick"...they obviously don't understand my attention span.

It's a little more of a contemporary style than I usually go for.  

The yarns I used the Lion Brand Homespun yarn in the colors Wild Fire, Sierra and Barks

and a K 10.5 crochet hook. 

It's a very easy pattern of single crochet with a mitered corner achieved by crocheting together 3 stitches every three lines.

You must know how to single crochet, use crochet stitch markers, join yarns and sew together sections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog