Monday, May 3, 2010

Beaver in the Backyard!

Last week my mom and I were in our living room when my mom suddenly got up and ran to the window. "What the heck is that?" I got up and looked as well to find a wet, mangy, humpback dog waddleing down the stream that connects the two ponds in our backyard. I grabbed the binoculars and realized that it was a Beaver!
We've lived on this same wooded, marshy piece of property for over 25 years and have never seen a Beaver. We were very excited. The photos are terrible, because I grabbed the camera and was trying to take as many photos as I could through the screened windows, but when we get the video posted, you'll be able to see him much clearer. There is also the possibility that there might be 2. We think we saw another one in the background swimming. I've had half say it looks like a muskrat, and half say it's another beaver. I looked online and it say that families of 8 are not uncommon. I also read that they are strick vegetarians. We stocked the pond a couple years ago and I thought maybe it was the fish that drew them near, but I guess not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
I am quite sure I'll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

my web page: raspberry ketone

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog