Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wild Wednesday, The Grey Fox

Last Wednesday I talked about the Red Fox. This week I'd like to also mention the Grey Fox. When we first saw this fox at a distance we thought it was an immature coyote, but last summer she hung around the yard for a good two weeks and we got more than a few good looks at her. (though every time, it seemed I didn't have my camera and by the time I grabbed it I the best I could do was some sort of image like this...this picture is terrible, but the best I could do) We didn't even know that Michigan had other foxes besides the Red. When we looked it up we learned that they live in the low branches of trees. Every once in a while we would see her carrying some unfortunate critter in her mouth, back to her den, no doubt, maybe to feed her young.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

As I heard it, while the Queen was making the lace, she pricked her finger and a drop of blood dripped right in the center.

Jacob said...

Obviously this comment was supposed to be on the appropriate entry -.-

Jennifer Sartell said...

That is really cool. I love folklore explanations of nature. By the way, you do beautiful work.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog