Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cheese Please! Goat Brie

Per Camille's suggestion, I've decided to feature a Brie cheese this week, while I didn't find one made in Wisconsin, (I wasn't at Whole Foods, but will make it a point to go there and try it!) I did find an amazing Triple Creme Goat Brie by Woolwich Dairy Inc.
The Facts:
  • very soft
  • creamy white in color
  • made in Canada
  • package description "rich and creamy, soft ripened goat's milk cheese"
  • compliments Chardonnay, Champagne and sparkling white wines
  • goats milk cheese 
  • bloomy rind ripened
What we thought: This is by far, the best Brie I have ever eaten! There are many things that are wonderful about this cheese. I love Brie, but the flavor is sometimes a little too subtle, it leaves me wanting more, which is why when selecting from the Brie family, I prefer a Camembert. The heavier cream content seems to "up" that delicious flavor. With this cheese, there is a saltiness that enhances all the flavors. The Brie flavor is more pronounced, and softly molded, then it turns to a goat cheese aftertaste. It would be delicious with fruit. The texture is also extremely creamy and smooth. It oozes from the rind with richness. I give it a 4.5 out of 5!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog